Bridal Skincare & Beauty
I know that a lot of you are planning your weddings at the moment, as a professional make-up artist and cosmatologist the biggest and favourite part of my work is bridal make-up and skincare.
I wanted to share with your some of my top tips for your skincare regime in the months coming up to your big day. One of the biggest parts of your wedding day is how you look and most importantly that you feel fabulous! This is the one day that everyone is looking at you! Also remember all the photographs that will be taken and the fact that you will be looking back at these photos and how you looked for years to come!
Lots of brides do not think about their skincare routine or their makeup and leave it to the last-minute to book an artist or decide to do their own makeup. You spend thousands on your dress, venue and photographer, your makeup and skincare should be a vital part of the planning process, you will look back at these photographs forever and your face is very important!
Flawless makeup is not achieved by your makeup artist in one session unless your skin is being looked after. We can only do so much with skincare prep and makeup with a client, if a client is not looking after their skin or any issues they may have, then a makeup artist can only do so much for you during your makeover.
I suggest to all my brides that they start their skincare regime at least six months before their big day. Although I would suggest that you ALWAYS stick to a good skincare routine!
Tip top skin!
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise EVERY morning and evening!
- Use a day moisturiser with at least SPF 15 during the day
- Use a night cream as your nightly moisturiser
- Exfoliate your face and neck twice a week! (top tip: leave product in the shower and you will not forgot!)
- Exfoliate your whole body at least once a week again leave your body exfoliator in the shower and you have no excuses!
- After every shower moisturise your whole face and body as hot water strips moisture from your skin and causes dryness
- Use a face mask once a week
- Make sure you are using products that suit you skin type!
If you are unsure of the products to use, visit your local beauty salon or skincare professional, they can advise you on the products and ingredient’s you should be using for your skin type. If you can afford to, I would suggest planning your bridal skincare journey with your beauty therapist or local spa and they will put in place your individual package and schedule all your dates for you. There is nothing like professional facials and specialist treatments. I would suggest going once a month and then having a few appointments in the last week before the wedding so you can have all the little bits done like, full body exfoliation and buff, manicure, pedicure, eyelash tinting, brow shape, waxing and tanning!
Having said this you must also keep to a strict daily skincare routine not only for flawless skin on your wedding day but also to help combat the ageing process!
Some of my favourite products are listed below, you do not have to buy the most expensive brands to see better results, so I have listed some great affordable products along with some higher end options. Also take note of the ingredients in your skincare products, natural and free of any harmful ingredients including parabens are best of your skin! I also look for companies that do not test on animals.
Biofresh Skincare: http://www.biofreshskincare.ie
- Cleanser: Garnier Skin Naturals Cleansing Water, Nataura Cleansing range from Biofresh Skincare
- Toner: Rose Water
- Moisturiser Day: Probiotic Day Therapy Collagen Expert Cream fro, Biofresh Skincare, Guinot Crème Hydra Beaute (Long Lasting Moisturising Cream, CHARLOTTE’S MAGIC CREAM, Charlotte Tilbury
- Moisturiser Night: Lacura Q10 Anti Wrinkle Night Cream from Aldi, No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Night Cream
- Exfoliation face: Guinot Gommage Éclat Parfait, Boots Botanics Shine Away Face Scrub
- Exfoliation body: Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream, Soap & Glory ORANGEASM exfoliating body polish
- Body Misturiser: Clinique Deep Comfort Butter, Rose Oil Q10 Super nourishing from Biofresh Skincare
- Face Mask: Guinot Masque Essential Nutrition (Instant Radiance Moisturising Mask), Multi Miracle Glow, Charlotte Tilbury. No7 Beautiful Skin Mask.
- Coconut oil is a must have product for face, body, nails, hands and hair care!
If you would like more information or have any questions or me you can email me Info@foreverfabulous.ie
- CIBTAC/ITEC/HETAC qualified & fully insured
- ITEC and MASA College Tutor
Weddings Online Bridal Artist of the Year 2017 Nominee
Mrs2Be Best Wedding Makeup Artist Nominee 2016
Mrs2Be Best Wedding Makeup Artist Nominee 2015
Weddings Online Bridal Artist of the Year 2013 Nominee
Please contact me on the form below for bridal quotations and package prices.
Fully Insured by Westminster Indemnity.